Tagging - the basic method
This method uses Muso as the main editing tool as well as the library manager. As the heading implies, it is quite simple:
- Tag your music folder using your preferred tagger (SongKong is recommended).
- Import your music folder to Muso (full scan). (Import Part into Muso's Title and Work into Muso's Group Header, if using SongKong - use conditional imports)
- Review each album in the "album page" in Muso to see if the tags make sense and comply with the scheme described here.
- If they are not as you wish, edit the tags in Muso accordingly. In particular set/confirm the group headings for each work.
There are a number of disadvantages to this method.
- It can be quite time-consuming to edit if you want to add all the work details and performers etc.
- If you lose your data you have to re-enter it all.
- You are potentially missing information stored in MusicBrainz
- It does not necessarily provide correct sorting of artists unless you edit that too.
All told, I do not recommend it, but if you start off this way, you can always switch to the "enhanced" method later.